10 February 2011

I love ewe 2; another last minute valentine free heart crochet pattern


Crochet Heart Pattern

After making my last minute valentine knitting pattern last year, I thought that I'd better create something equally good again for this valentines day.  I thought for a little while and then came up with this simple crochet heart, based on a triangular granny 'square'.
As with all of our free patterns, you are welcome to make them for your own use or charity, but please get in touch if you wish to sell them.

Materials
Small amount of red yarn (I used dk)
Suitable hook for gauge (4mm in my case)
Glue
Card
Abbreviations
Ch; chain
dc; double crochet (us) or treble (UK)
trbl; treble (us) double treble (UK)
Pattern
Ch 5, sl st to form circle
Round 1; Ch 3, 2dc , ch 5, 3dc, ch 5, 3 dc, ch 5, slst to close round.
Round 2; ch3, dc into next two dc, * dc3 into ch space, ch 5, dc3 into ch space, dc into next 3 dc, repeat from * around slst to first dc to close round.
Round 3; ch3, work around outside of heart, dc into each dc below, at the corners dc 5dc into ch space, slst to last dc to close round.
Round 4; slst to corner of heart, turn heart, miss 4 sts and 8 trbl into 5th stitch, miss 4 sts and slst to next st, miss 4 sts and 8 trbl into 5th st, slst to corner and fasten off.

Making up
Sew in ends.
Glue the heart
Write the card and give it to a loved one.
© COPYRIGHT Kelly Jo Sweeney 2011
This pattern is offered free of charge for your own personal use. Please do not make items using this pattern for sale. Should you wish to sell items made from this pattern, then please contact me for details of my Cottage Industry Licenses.
For yarns, more free patterns and knitting and crochet accessories, please see my site: http://www.nzwools.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment